100 Bite-Sized Donut Recipes To Sweeten Your Day, Shipped Right to Your Door
Lemon Icing Donuts with Chocolate Sprinkles Recipe
These fluffy lemon donuts have a tangy lemon icing and chocolate sprinkles on top. They're ideal for a sweet breakfast or a treat.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Butter a donut pan.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla extract, and lemon zest in a separate bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
- Fill a piping bag or a ziplock bag with a snipped corner with the batter.
- Fill each cavity of the prepared donut pan 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake the donuts for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the donuts to cool for a few minutes in the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Add more lemon juice if the icing is too thick.
- Add more powdered sugar if it's too thin.
- Dip each donut in the icing and then in the chocolate sprinkles.
- Allow a few minutes for the icing to set before serving.
Easy Doughnut Cookbook
Cucinapro Mini Electric Non-Stick Donut Maker
Fried Or Baked: 150 Best Donut Recipes
DIY Mini Doughnut Making Kit
Donut Holes with Jelly Recipe
Vanilla Donuts with Caramel Recipe
Berliner Breakfast Bun Donuts Recipe
Sweet Chocolate Donuts Recipe